ESRI UC - Day 1

View from my room
So imagine my complete and utter surprise when I walked into the SDCC, where I thought I was going to know no-one except my SRK colleagues that I had yet to meet, and the first person I see is a fellow AU presenter Gordon Luckett of Arrow Geomatics! It is truly bizarre that in a sea of over 13,000 people, that I just happened to walk in that particular entrance, and Gord happened to be standing right there... All I can muster is bizarre!!!! I was great to catch up with Gord, and I'm sure we'll cross paths this week.

Anywho... As I mentioned previously, today was the Plenary Sessions to kick off the conference. Jack Dangermond discussed his GIS Vision for the coming year, and years, followed by various technical demonstrations. Highlights of the sessions included:
  • ArcGIS innovations including new features of the upcoming 10.1
  • ArcGIS Online improvements
  • 64 bit support
  • Improved LiDAR support
  • Geodatabase administration tools
I managed to track down my SRK colleagues and finally meet some of the people I have had communications with over the last 11 months.

Keynote speakers included:
  • Timothy T. Schilling and Michele Adesir-Schilling discussing the Green Living Project, which enabled Rwandan coffee farmers to produce a better quality coffee bean to supply the international specialty coffee market.
  • Jacqueline McGlade, director of the European Environement Agency, discussed the 'one degree' change in temperature, and how it will impact the earth.
Well, I need to figure out my sessions for tomorrow, so until next time, take care.

Warren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ArcGIS: Packaging error - General function failure

More ArcGIS Woes with 'Special' Characters...

ArcGIS Collector: Update Error Code 1006