I’m back…

Hello everyone,
It’s been a while, but I am back!  I’ve recently left my position at IMAGINiT Technologies, and will be moving onto a new opportunity next week.

I hope to resurrect this blog and continue to write and report on ‘all things geospatial’.

Before I mention the company I am going to, I feel I should verify the companies corporate policies on blogging, so for now, all I can say is that I am going to a company that provides consulting services to the mining industry and my role will be a Senior GIS Consultant.  I am extremely excited about this new opportunity, and looking forward to the challenges ahead.

What about some content you say?

Alright…  Here is something I’ve found with MapGuide Enterprise & the Fusion Viewer over the last few weeks:

I was implementing the Fusion Viewer within a frame based layout and found that there were many instances where the app couldn’t ”find” Fusion when calling out-of-the-box functions.  By that I mean, that the application would be making a call to the Fusion API, but it could not find a valid reference of Fusion.  For instance, the Select Within command… When running the Select Within command the list of layers to select would be empty so the user could not choose the layer to use for the selection .  The solution to these situations was to modify the associated templ file and add some javascript code to the GetParent function to ensure it was looking to the correct frame to find Fusion.

Original GetParent function within the SelectWithinPanel.templ code:

function GetParent()
{
    if(popup) {
        return opener;
    } else {
        return parent.parent;
    }
}

In the modified GetParent function it checks to see if Fusion is ‘available’, and if Fusion is NOT available, then it will look in the frame you specify:

function GetParent()
{
    if(popup) {
        return opener;
    } else {
        if(typeof functionname=='GetParent.Fusion') {
            return parent.parent;
        } else {
            return window.top.<Your Frame Name>;
        }
    }
}

Until next time,
Take care

Warren M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ArcGIS: Packaging error - General function failure

More ArcGIS Woes with 'Special' Characters...

ArcGIS Collector: Update Error Code 1006